Oléron, The Luminous Island
Oléron offers you a wide range of culture and discovery tours by foot or on bicycle: The harbour of La Cotinière and its animation, the market of Domino, the Mickey Club on the beach of Les Sables Vigniers, the oyster beds, sea excursions, the harbour of Les Salines, the Chassiron lighthouse and much more...
The must-see sites in the neighbourhoods :
- La Palmyre zoo next to Royan
- the botanical garden Jardins Du Monde
- the very big La Rochelle aquarium
- the Corderie Royale and the building site of the Hermione
- the InterIles cruisings (from of Saint-Denis d'Oléron to the Aix Island, to La Rochelle and to the very famous Fort Boyard)
- the Fort Louvois in Bourcefranc
- the Gataudière Castle in Marennes
- the citadel of Brouage...
Further in the area...
- The "train of the gulls" in La Tremblade
- the villages of the Ré Island
- La Rochelle : the old harbour, the old centre, the museums...
- Visit of the wine storehouses and the museum of Cognac
If you need information about the visiting possibilities, the reception is opened every day.